Monday, 21 May 2012

Festival by the Sea - Quilt Show in Parksville, BC



There were many wonderful quilts at this years Festival by the Sea Quilt Show held this year in Parksville.



This is a picture of the little one block wonder I entered. It was my first time entering a quilt show. It was a great experience and an opportunity I'm glad not to have missed. My little "Yes, I Can" quilt received an honourable mention and there were some other nice commentaries and ribbons received by other friends whom I quilt with who put in their quilts as well. It was such a great show, and excellent to see some of the people I know who worked so hard receive some of the first place ribbons. Congratulations to all who participated and collectively put together this wonderful show... I felt that all the quilts entered contributed to the overall success of the show. Well done! :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your win! It's a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda... and welcome to by blog. You gotta love quilting, and our quilting community! Best, Deb

      Delete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete